ACI's 26th Maritime HR and Crew Management Conference
BSM Involvement: Speaker - BSM crewing manager, Captain Manu Dhaul
Date: 07-08 April, 2021
The conference will be focusing on crew communication, smart recruiting and training strategies complying with regulations and sustainable operations. It will also cover the topics of safety, cost-efficiency and soft HR tactics.
The conference will bring together ship owners, ship managers and shipping operators, as well as key regulators and authorities, crew & manning technology providers, recruitment organisations, crew & manning agencies & consultants and training and development centres for two days of informative presentations, engaging discussions and informal networking.
The speakers will be sharing their insights on HR trends and developments and emerging skill-sets to equip maritime employees to remain relevant in today’s automated and digitised environment.
Participants can expect open discussions and interactive sessions on the following topics:
- A balancing act between cost & quality of crew
- Digital transformation in crewing & training
- Multicultural crew – unity in diversity
- Crew tech – Technology hand in hand with crew
- Crew welfare & well-being
- Crew training & competency for the digital era
- Effective crew management – Moving from being commodified to sensitising
- Impact & influence of autonomous shipping in crewing