Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement operates all managed vessels in the safest and most efficient manner possible in order to meet the requirements of shipowners, flag states, port states, class societies, charterers and other stakeholders in full compliance with the International Safety Management Code.
We focus on maximising availability and loss prevention through:
- Close interaction between onboard personnel and highly experienced shore-based engineering and marine teams
- Effective planned maintenance and procurement systems
- Integrated software systems covering all aspects of shipmanagement, including the provision of operational, technical and detailed ﬁnancial information in a transparent, readily available and secure manner through the BSM ‘Customer Web Access’ portal
Technical Superintendents are each allocated a group of three to five vessels and are responsible for monitoring the vessels' condition and all aspects of their performance and operation, including:
- Safe and efficient cargo handling and conditioning
- Planned and project maintenance
- Regular condition assessment
- Dry dock planning and supervision
- Budget control
- Certification and vetting
Established relationships with first-class suppliers, service providers, shipyards and workshops ensure that our customers consistently receive reliable and high-quality, cost competitive services cost.
Our highly qualified and capable Marine Commercial Operations teams closely monitor the commercial performance of managed vessels and manage the commercial risks faced by our customers in the course of employment of their vessels.