With an emphasis on seafarer health and welfare, Seachef provides comprehensive onboard housekeeping and catering capabilities through highly trained chefs with versatile culinary skills.
Starting with a modest fleet in 1994, Seachef today caters to the tastes and food preferences of over 20 nationalities onboard over 280 vessels and continues to grow.
An ISO 9001:2008 certified organisation, Seachef has:
- introduced trained shore professionals onto ships
- provided formal shore training to ship's cooks for more versatility in cooking and better menu planning
- trained ship's cooks in onboard paper work and inventory planning and control, so as to free up Masters for more important work
- trained cooks and stewards to standards of hygiene and housekeeping applied in the hospitality industry ashore
- made strategic alliances with reputable ISO certified and ISSA-registered suppliers worldwide to ensure reasonable costs and high-quality provisions for vessels both in port and under way
Proprietary software enables automated budgeting, diet control, menu selection and ordering of ingredients. Together with rigorous selection of high quality suppliers and a focus on continuous improvement, services are offered in the most palatable, nutritious and hygienic manner.
Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement's (BSM) affiliate service companies are fully autonomous and independently-managed entities. These entities’ operational practices are aligned with appropriate international technical and organisational practices and standards against unauthorised or unlawful processing of customer data. In order to comply with customers’ national corporate governance codes and to safeguard customers’ data , BSM's affiliate service companies have put in place appropriate security technologies, policies and procedures to secure all electronic storage of confidential data and the prevention of sharing with other independently-managed companies within the BSM network.
Seachef Hospitality Services
401, Olympia, Hiranandani Gardens
Powai, Mumbai - 400076
Tapan KumarGeneral Manager
Tapan KumarGeneral Manager
Tapan Kumar heads Seachef, the hospitality division of BSM. He joined the Company in 2007 and since then along with his team provides seafarers of over 18 nationalities on board over 280 vessels with a balanced and palatable diet. With an extensive experience of 14 years within the food and beverage industry, Tapan has previously worked with hotels, stand-alone restaurants, fast food chains and marine catering providers. Procurement and set-ups of food and beverage establishments are his main specialisation. Tapan is a holder of an MBA, an MA in Economics, a PGD in Human Resource Management, a Bachelor in Business Administration and a degree in Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition.