BSM’s Mumbai Maritime Training Centre upgrades its training facilities
BSM’s Maritime Training Centre (MTC) in Mumbai, India celebrated on February 3rd the launch of the upgraded Transas Full Mission Bridge Simulator and a new Engine Simulator. The installation of this state-of-the-art infrastructure will further enhance the high quality training programmes offered by BSM, where officers learn to operate under high stress, heavy workload and decision making situations, which they will face in their line of duty on board.
The Simulators were inaugurated by Capt Norbert Aschmann, BSM CEO, during an official ceremony held at the Mumbai MTC. The ceremony was attended by Capt Brijendra Srivastava, Director of Maritime Training Centre India, Capt Sanjeev Sharma, Managing Director of BSM India, Mr Kamal Yadav, Sales Director of M/S Transas Marine Ltd and other members of the company, Heads of Civil and IT Contractors, as well as by personnel of MTC India.
Following the inauguration ceremony the impressive capabilities of the Simulators were demonstrated to the attendees.
Features of the new Simulators
Full Mission Bridge Simulator:
- 9 LED screens of 65” with 270-degree horizontal field of view
- Equipped with various controls and systems, including ECDIS, VHF, GMDSS radio communication, voice and video recording facilities
- Navigation information (NAVAIDS) is available on chart table
- Connects with the newly installed Engine Simulator for joint operation
- Touch screen technology with the operation of various types of machinery, the main switchboard, pumps and valves
- 3D virtual engine room experience
- Learning focus will be on general operation of main engines, fault findings and engine room resource management
- The simulated engines are MAN B&W 6S60MC-C, representing an Aframax Tanker and a duel-fueled diesel/LNG engine with electric propulsion representing an LNG Carrier
It is planned to also incorporate the latest MAN ‘ME’ electronically controlled engine type, once available from Transas, to provide vessel specific training for Engineering and Electro-Technical Officers.